Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Back From Oblivion!

Hello there. So, as you can see, I’m back! I suppose you can see that either one of two ways, huh?

I had a lot of things on my plate last week. And by that, I mean that I ate too much. My Dad was visiting from West Virginia. It’s always tough to stick to a diet when relatives are constantly taking you out to eat.

But it wasn’t all just touristy fun and games. I had more to do than just visit the minimalism exhibit over at the Museum of Contemporary Art, or the new Disney Concert Hall. (You like that hidden exposition?)

I was working on the music for that new short series for that “As Yet Undisclosed (by me anyway) New Television Network.” Well it’s all done. I finished it on Friday, and my dad left yesterday. So now things are back to normal.

How’s this for instant gratification? You can see the short over to kevinsage.com. He has a link to the “new network” in case you’re dying to know what it is. I would post it here, but I don’t want them to have me fired. Just click on the link for “That’s Classified.” As I said, it features soundtrack music by yours truly, and a TAM original song (performed by me) called “Jobby Job.”

All in all, not a bad job for my first soundtrack, if I do say so myself (I’m not counting the soundtrack that I did for “Chute, Shoot, Chut,” a movie I made in college, because this time I was really composing the soundtrack into the movie instead of just throwing some of my own tunes on to the flick.)

Okay, let’s see, what else? Oh, I got a new preamp. A nice and inexpensive, but it did the job, so who cares if I’m cheap. Bought a new lamp, a magazine rack, and hung some new curtains, all from IKEA (except for the curtains that Tanya made for the bedroom out of an old duvet cover).

It’s funny, but you would think that something as inconsequential as a magazine rack would be a simple purchase, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a big deal. It makes a statement, I mean other than the fact that we have too many magazines. It seems sort of permanent in a way. It’s the last piece in the domestic puzzle. Because, unless you’re a dentist, you don’t really need a magazine rack, do you? Think back to all of the other people you know who have a magazine rack. How old are they? My grandparents all had them. I think my mom has one. I guess this is what it feels like to come to the magazine rack stage of your life?

I like the magazine rack, but I’m not sure how comfortable I am displaying the fact that we read Cosmo.

At least we put it far enough away from the bathroom as not to be too obvious about it.

I tell you, here’s why old people have these things, it’s because just when you thought you had every staple of a functional household, there’s always a magazine rack.

But enough about my glorious rack, I have some sad news to share with you. Meow Meow, the cat that I wrote about not too long ago, the one we housesit with, has passed away. It’s too bad; Meow Meow was a good cat. He looked grumpy, but he had a heart of gold. It’s just too bad that he didn’t have the lungs and a digestive system of gold, maybe he would have lived longer. We’ll miss you buddy, who will keep my lap warm while I watch Mythbusters?

The feline world will never be the same again. In fact “unofficially,” famous cartoon cat Garfield released this statement:

Meow Meow, or Meow as I like to call him, was an exceptional feline. It’s too bad that he’s not with us anymore, I could have used him on my recently released movie, he could have written a better script with three paws tied behind his back than those hack “writers” that scribbled out that tripe of a screenplay which the idiot producers at FOX tried to sell to the American public! What a bunch of morons, those #%^@& producers! They killed my movie! Killed it! And thanks for nothing Jim Davis! Jennifer Love Hewitt?! I mean, Jennifer Love Hewitt?! Geeze…! Look, you can take a piece of $%^# and buff it to a high gloss, but what you’re left with is still just a shiny piece of $%^#!...

…Well it goes on like that.


Fun Fact: The new TAM cartoon is up! A new one! It’s not funny though. A lot like this Fun Fact.

Huh.

No comments: