Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I Heart American Idol

Oh man, did I love's me some American Idol last night.

And I don't care what you think about that, because the show was great.

TAM and I have decided that we would totally go see Bo Bice in concert, he is just some old-school awesome. The sad thing is, I would go see this top 12 in concert, because I enjoy listening to most of them and the ones I don't like are fun to make jokes about. Yes, sometimes I am mean. Get over it.

I have decided that Constantine is someone that you think is good looking when you first see them, but the more you look at them, you decide they are kind of average and/or weird looking. He was also very good last night and I just don't think I hear "I Think I Love You" on the radio enough any more.

Carrie Underwood's version of "ALONE" was just the best reason to watch last night. I would love a top four of Carrie, Bo, Nadia, and Constantine.

This whole voting mess-up is just sad, because everyone who did awesome last night now has a huge chance of messing up. And the people who were awful, probably aren't going to be any better.

So, what did you watch last night? I also watched "House, M.D.", which you should totally check out if you have never watched it.

It has Robert Sean Leonard in it.

A fun story about Robert Sean Leonard. TAM and I were wandering Costco one afternoon a few years ago and we ran into Robert Sean Leonard in the frozen food isle. Almost literally. Now, a little back story. People tell TAM he looks like Ethan Hawke a lot. Apparently enought that Robert Sean Leonard thought so too, because he did a total double take at TAM. This is my theory anyway. I guess he could have just thought he was cute, but that isn't such a fun story. The way it plays out in my head is that he calls Ethan when he leaves Costco and tells him all about how he just saw his doppelganger.

Oh never mind, it's not such a fun story. Neither is how we couldn't remember Robert Sean Leonard's name, so we spent the whole time trying to think of it. I was positive that he was Sean Patrick Thomas. He is not, but "Save the Last Dance" would have been very different if he was.

Fun Fact
Nikko Smith from American Idol is the son of Hall of Fame baseball player Ozzie Smith of the St. Louis Cardinals. Ozzie Smith is in one of my favorite Simpsons episodes about the power plant's baseball team.
Every time Nikko sings, I get the song from the end of that Simpsons episode stuck in my head.
How random is that?
"Well Mr. Burns had done it
The power plant had won it
With Roger Clemming Clucking all the while
Mike Socher's tragic illness made a smile
With Wey Boggs lay unconcious on the bar-room tile
We're talking softball
From Maine to Sandiego
We're talking softball
Mattingly and Conseco
Ken Griffy's grotesquely swollen jaw
Steve Sax and his run-in with the law
We're talking Homer, Ozzie and the Straw
We're talking softball
From Maine to Sandiego
We're talking softball
Mattingly and Conseco
Ken Griffy's grotesquely swollen jaw
Steve Sax and his run-in with the law
We're talking Homer, Ozzie and the Straw"

No comments: