Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My First Guest Post and Happy Birthday to ME!

Sorry folks, I haven't been too good at the guest blogging thing, but that's what happens when you leave it to someone around their birthday. Plus my boss is out of town, which usually means that I have a lot of free time, but apparently not this go around. Actually, I am just trying to make it so that you miss TAM so much, you will jump for joy when he is back and blogging again.



Yeah, that's it.


So, what to write about. TAM's job is going really well, he may finish before his deadline.

Ummm....

Wow, this is hard.

Okay, we have been discussing the Terri Schiavo case a lot around our apartment. And by "discussing" I mean yelling at the tv. (Or in TAM's case, yelling at the radio) This story makes me so mad I just don't even know where to start. And as mad as I get, TAM is about 3 times more mad.
Instead of letting this poor woman die and move on and try to heal, and, I don't know, DOING SOMETHING WONDERFUL IN HER MEMORY, her family decided that keeping her around in a vegetative state is just such a better idea. No healing allowed here.
And could I hate our government any more? What happened to the Republican ideal of smaller government, and putting power in the local government's hands? Now not only do I have to worry about my reproductive rights as a woman, I have to worry that if I am in a vegetative state, TAM won't have to right to pull the plug as per my wishes. Because the government knows what's best people, we should just turn all of our very big decisions over to them and get it over with. (Except Social Security - they would really appreciate it if we could just screw that up for ourselves.)

Republicans won't let gay people get married because they are protecting the sanctity of marriage, yet they are totally taking away this man's rights to say that he knows what his wife wanted and her wishes should be followed.
And what about her quality of life?
ARGH! I just don't even know where to finish with this. I find the whole thing just wrong. And I love how people are calling liberals "killers" now. Because wanting someone to be in a better place is definitely murder. And liberal.
But starting a war on false pretenses and sending thousands of people to their death - all in the name of money - that's not murder at all.

On a much happier note, the American version of "The Office" starts in a couple of days. I was totally angry when I first heard they were making a U.S. version of the show, since the original is total brilliance, but Steve Carell is one of the funniest people alive and I just can't wait.
Also, "Lost" almost done with it's hiatus and I am so drooling over finding out who dies.

So, I guess that's all I have to say right now. I am a bit sluggish from the huge lunch with V and the awesome chocolate cake that K and L provided for me! (Hi Guys!)

You really miss TAM right now don't you.

Fun Fact
TAM knows how to change a tire with only a wrench. How butch is that? And he got to put that knowledge to use recently.
Me? I say that's what I pay AAA the big bucks for, baby.

No comments: