Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Thought About the Armi (and Danny)

I was kicking around over at Steve’s blog and he turned me on to this music video. It’s from a couple of Finns named Danny and Armi. It’s a real blast from the past…if you’re Finnish.

This video is claimed by many on the internet to be the worst…video…ever. Somehow, I doubt that. Have any of the people who made these claims ever seem an Eminem video? And then there’s that Michael Jackson video with Marlon Brando in it. That was pretty god-awful.

So, this one can’t be the worst. Cheerleaders doing disco moves?! What’s not cool about that? I especially like the obvious attempt to capture some of the magic (and colossal mountain of cash) that came with the fame of the movie “Grease.” What good old Danni and Armi didn’t realize at the time was that “Grease” was a popular movie, not because of the great music and nostalgic look at a more innocent time, but rather because it had a flying car at the end.

…oh, wait. Sorry, Danny and Armi, I hadn’t watched the entire video when I wrote that last thing.

Enjoy the video.



Allow me to put myself out on a limb here, risking all sorts of beatings from musical bullies…

Okay, is it just me or that kind of a catchy tune?

Hey! I’m not saying that it’s good, I’m just saying that it’s catchy. Like hepatitis.


Fun Fact: I put that Ben Folds reference in the title of this post to cleanse the palate. In fact, if your palate needs more cleansing…a shaky video from one of Ben’s concerts. (Go out and buy The Unauthorized Biography Of Reinhold Messner)



And a goofy medley from two of the coolest people ever to walk the earth, my mom Ella and my dad Dino.



Sounds like Ella’s promoting her album Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Gershwin Songbook. In fact, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to rush out and get that one too.

No comments: