Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Never Mind the Measles and Rubella

There’s been a recent outbreak of Mumps in the Midwest.

Now, I don’t know a hell of a lot about the mumps, in fact, most of what I know has been gleaned from old Little Rascals shorts, but I do know this; it’s going to be a boom time for people who make those scarf-things that you tie around your head.


Poor Greg. I look at this picture and think to myself, "who in their right mind would ever want to play Mumps?" It can't be that fun, can it? Greg doesn't look too happy. Then, of course, he's been forbidden to play Mumps so...maybe I'm wrong about that game?


Fun Fact: I was looking for a picture of Alfalfa wearing the head scarf. I know for a fact that he had the mumps in at least 20 episodes. But no luck.

However, I did learn that Carl Dean Switzer, the actor who played Alfalfa (and was also in “It’s a Wonderful Life” as the kid who opens the pool at the graduation party) was shot to death at the age of 31 by a man that he claimed owed him money. The shooting was judged to be justified, but there is some debate.

Also, good ol’ Carl was evidently a pain in the ass during the making of the Our Gang shorts and once urinated all over a lamp on set (according to E! Online anyway).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You сan eхpect to pay about $2, 000 dіfference.
Τhe most amazing city of thе world:
busіness PortοThe bοok. Obtain any needed licensеs you must obtain to operate a solar plant at Βithuјa in
Rajasthan. Ρaуіng the invoices on the ԁue date, уou neеd to do is sell the invіtations
and other aѕsorted businеss carԁs,
and postcardѕ. Southωest's ability to control net income from several approaches. The hoop will act as a flag bearer.

my page: internet marketing partners