Friday, December 01, 2006

It’s December! Is it Okay Now?!

Alright, it’s officially December. Is it now okay to listen to Christmas Music? Huh, holiday Nazis?! Am I a freak for wanting to listen to festive music now?!

Am I a freak for wanting to listen to Christmas music in July?

Yeah, okay, I’ll give you that one. I just really like Christmas music. I don’t know why. So I’m glad that it’s finally December so that when I’m walking around a retailer, jamming out to Bing Crosby’s White Christmas on the store sound system I don’t have to listen to the person next to me snidely grumble “Christmas Music already?! Oh my god, it’s only (October/November)! It’s not even (Halloween/Thanksgiving) yet! My oh my what has become of the holiday season!?”

What’s all this rancor about celebrating the holiday season early? So what? Who cares? There’s no need to be insulted by it. It shouldn’t be threatening. It’s fun. And isn’t that what becoming an adult is all about? Eating candy for dinner? Staying up as long as you want? Beginning Christmas festivities in September?

If that’s not what growing up is about, then I don’t want to be 33 anymore.

I don’t want to be 33 anymore anyway, but you get the idea. 23 would be nice. Maybe I’ll ask Santa for that.

By the way, you’re more likely to get what you want from Santa if you start pestering him in July. Persistence is key.


Fun Fact: If human beings inherently viewed the world sideways, TVs would be taller than they are wide.

Also, in case you’re bored on this fine Friday, here’s a link for you. It’s to an Internet sitcom called “The Burg.” (www.theburg.tv) I’ve looked at quite a few independent Internet sitcoms lately and I have to say that this one is my favorite so far (a lot of them are…well…I’ll be polite). They have 8 episodes and some shorts. They’ve been pretty prolific. I’ve got to hand it to them.

But I hear that there is a new Internet sitcom coming in January or so that will totally kick ass! Man, I can’t wait!

No comments: