Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Forward to the Past!

I’m putting the cartoon on a bit of a hiatus. Don’t panic, it’s not going away for good. I’m just pretty busy at the moment. Think of the TAM Cartoon hiatus as a “summer break.” It’ll come back soon. I’m not sure just how soon, but it’ll come back.

In the meantime, I’ll be “re-running” all of your old favorites. Okay, so “old favorites” might be a bit of an exaggeration. Let me just say that I’ll be re-running the old cartoons.

Like “I Love Lucy,” I’m hoping that the cartoons will seem – if not funnier – quainter than they once did. And as an added bonus, you get to relive the experience you had the very first time you saw each particular cartoon. You’ll be awash in your own reverie as each cartoon loads onto your computer monitor.

Ever wondered what it would be like to travel to the past? Travel to a time when you were more innocent and wide-eyed? You could warn yourself of impending danger. You could change the world by offering bleak forecasts of things to come, thus preparing the world of the past against terrible tragedies yet to come and give them time to remedy any possible mistakes before they ever occur!. Things that no mere non-time-traveling mortal could ever predict!

Warn the federal government about the weak levees in New Orleans.

Tell others that a vote for Incumbent President Bush will lead down a road to continued violence in the Middle East, financial ruin, civic hardships and the unabated rise of evil greedy corporate slave masters.

Tell all to bet against the Clippers in the NBA playoffs.


That’s the effect you’ll get from seeing the old TAM Cartoons! Of course, you won’t be able to actually change the events of your life, but you could sure try! Why not?! It’s worth a try isn’t it? Who cares if all your friends think you’ve gone crazy. Just tell them that they’ll be laughing out the other end when they no longer exist because you told your past self to kill Sara Connors!

Yeah…so I guess what I’m saying is…I’m going to be re-running “classic” TAM Cartoons for a while.

Enjoy!


Fun Fact: Taylor Hicks will be the next American Idol! That’s a fact. So what if he never actually wins, he’ll still be my American Idol. I’ll make t-shirts that say as much. And I’ll wear them too! And you will believe!

And, on a related note, my favorite American Idol contestant of all time is Kimberly Locke. Is it just me, or is she one of the hottest chicks ever? (Don’t worry, Tanya. I’m not including you in this. You’re the hottest chick ever…well, you and Melissa Joan Hart)

No comments: