Thursday, May 18, 2006

Not Just a Steak Substitute for Frustrated Vegetarians Anymore

Portobello…by the sea!

It’s the most expensive American home ever to be put on the market. Its listed price is $75 million! And it’s here in southern California. Orange County to be (almost) exact.

Here’s a picture of the place.


Why am I posting about this? Well, I have nothing better to do. Plus when I first saw the house on ABCs Good Morning America this morning, something struck me. This house is stylish (I can tell why they call it Portobello by the Sea, it looks like a family of mushrooms vacationing at the beach), it’s immense, it has 8 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, it sits on 3 ocean front lots, it has an automobile showroom, a mini movie theatre and bowling alley (both patterned after real places in the owner’s West Virginia home town [earning him extra bonus points from me – West “by God” Virginia rules! Woot!]), it has a waterslide, this house even has it’s own café (which I think is extraordinarily cool, although it might get expensive eating out that much).

But there’s one thing that confounds me. This guy goes out and builds a real mansion – not one of those tacky McMansions you see all over the place these days – and yet he still doesn’t have the good taste to not build it right up to his damned property line!

Just goes to show you that having a crap load of money doesn’t make you a better neighbor. And money doesn’t buy sophistication.

Go here and follow the link on the left to see a video of the inside of the house.


Fun Fact: I just got his email, so I figured that I would plug his latest project. Kevin has made a music video for the LA Clippers. Hopefully it’ll be played on the Jumbo-Tron at Staples Center. But, just in case you don’t have a chance to go see the Clipper play again this year, let’s say they…I don’t know…choke, and don’t move on in the playoffs. Just go here to see the video.

If you want the experience of seeing it on the Jumbo-Tron, but can’t afford tickets to the Staples Center, just download the small screen version – and sit real close to the monitor.

No comments: