Sunday, May 09, 2004

Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!

Hello, Mother. I drew you a special Sunday Edition of the TAM cartoon! I figured that’s what you would have wanted.

** Editorial Note: For those of you who don’t know – that last part isn’t a joke. It’s my Mom’s catch-all gift solution for everything. “Why don’t you just draw me a picture?”

Hey mom, what do you want for Christmas?

“Why don’t you just draw me a picture?”

Hey mom, what do you want for your birthday?

“Why don’t you just draw me a picture?”

Hey mom, what do you want for dinner?

“Why don’t you just draw me a…nice try smart-aleck.”


Anyway, happy Mother’s Day, mom! You’re the greatest mom ever!

- Robb


Fun Facts About My Mother: She once had dinner with Ansel Adams, she went whitewater rafting with Henry Winkler, and went shopping with Mr. Rogers. And when I was four, I broke my arm trying to slide down an escalator. I didn’t make it to the hospital until a week later. The nice thing about it is that I can scratch my back without bending my elbow. I hold no grudges about it, but maybe Mom should have spent more time tending to my mangled arm (barely hanging on by one small piece of sinew) and less time hobnobbing with her hoity-toity Hollywood celebrity friends! I’m lucky to have a mother like her – and to still be alive!


On a non-mom related note; special thanks to Vince for smartly suggesting that since the new cartoon will be appearing on Sunday, it should be in color. It only added about three hours of work to the project. And my arm, my mangled once-broken arm, is still sore today! Thanks. Jerk.

No comments: