Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Most bad luck is the misfortune of not being an exception.

-- Mason Cooley

Thanks for that, Mason. Just when I was starting to think that things were going my way.


There was a boy on GMA this morning that one guy labeled “one of the luckiest kids I know.”

The guy that labeled him that was the doctor that had reattached the kid’s skull to his spinal chord after the kid was hit by a car while riding his bike.


Growing up, the luckiest kid I knew had a 4-wheeler.

Maybe the kid that got hit by the car had a bitchin’ bike?


Fun Fact: The new TAM cartoon is up!! Wasn’t that fun?! Okay, I’ll relay an anecdote about Charles Shultz and luck that I blindly searched for on the internet.

"Peanuts" creator Charles M. Schulz's comic vision was inspired by a childhood punctuated by a series of misfortunes and failures. One day the future cartoonist went to see a movie at a theater which had promised chocolate bars to the first 100 children who arrived. Naturally, Schulz was the 101st kid in line. (http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=1412)

If you don’t already know about Anecdotage.com, I highly recommend it.

No comments: