Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Acquiescence

Thanks for your support of the TAM Cartoon. I guess I’ll stick with it for a little while longer. At least until my life gets interesting enough that I have to give it up.

This blog post on the other hand, is another story.

I give up on it right now.


…okay, maybe I’ll post something.

However, as I just stated, my life isn’t very interesting. At the moment I’m working on a song for a charity. A cheesy, sappy song with an “indy-pop” flava’. It has to have an indy-pop flava’ because I’m the epitome of an indy songwriter. The percussion on the track involves an old, empty cranberry juice jug. So if anyone asks what my indy-pop flava’ is -- it’s cranberry.

I’m not going to mention which charity right now because the charity has no idea that I’m doing it. It’s noncommissioned. But don’t think that I’m crazy and naïve or anything; there is actually a great chance that it’ll get into the right hands. We’ll see.

Other than that, my life is hopelessly dull.

Why don’t I talk about something that’s so completely not dull. Ducks.

A male duck is called a drake. A female duck is called a duck or hen. Baby ducks are called ducklings regardless of their sex. In fact, baby animals of practically every animal species have a cute little name…except humans. We’re just “babies.”

We’re the most egocentric animal on earth and we can’t think of a cute name to call babies?!

I propose humlings or peeplings or veal.

But back to ducks:

Ducks have webbed feet which they use to paddle through the water. But their feet make them waddle on dry land. Scuba divers also waddle when they’re on dry land, but that’s because they’re all alcoholics.

Duck’s feet also have no nerves or blood vessels which means that they never get cold and have no feeling. This also sometimes happens to my own feet. But that’s usually because I’ve been sitting on the toilet too long.

Most ducks quack but one species of duck, called the Wood Duck, squeals instead. Ned Beatty squealed in a movie once but hopefully for different reasons.

Fun Fact: Ducks aren’t all that interesting after all.

No comments: