Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Intellectual Lullaby

About a thousand years ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and man had no choice but to accept the predictable programming of major network television, I ran a secret contest.

I posted a comment on the Cartoon Archives site, TAM too. Whosoever discovered that comment was to win a fantastic prize. A spectacular song written especially for them especially by me.

Well, as you may or may not remember, Julie was the proud winner of said song. I delivered it to her last weekend. And now, thanks to the internet trickery of Kevin Sage (visit his website to hear his catchy über-jingle cleverly entitled “kevinsage.com” written and performed by me) I can now share Julie’s spoils with the rest of geekdom.

Please to be clicking on the link to the right (under “A Little Blog Music”) to hear Julie’s song “Intellectual Lullaby.” In true blogger fashion, I have turned Julie’s song into a song almost completely about myself. And I went a little nuts with the rhyming dictionary.

As an added bonus, I have also included a recently “completed” tune called “Shameless Self-Promoter.”

The files aren’t small, mind you. They’re not ginormous either. They're in MP3 format. I’m just saying that if you have a dialup connection, you may want to wait for the worldwide disc release. Please keep in mind that if you’re waiting for the worldwide disc release…you may be waiting for a hell of a long time.

…I’m just saying…Michael Jackson has a better chance of selling a record right now than I do.


Fun Fact: Michael Jackson’s music video “Billy Jean” was the first video by a black artist to air on MTV.

And…Julie’s album cover:








No comments: