Friday, June 03, 2005

Rock Star Wannabe

My music has now been heard by Garry Marshall, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Martin Short, Hal Sparks, Tobey McGuire, Amy Smart, Hootie and the Blowfish and the Bangals.

And a bunch of other talented and charitable folk at last night’s Heal the Bay 20th Anniversary Gala.

And none of them probably had any idea.

But that’s cool. I just wish I could have been there to see if any of them were even paying attention. I’ll try to get the music posted here in the future so that you too can experience the magic of TAM, the surfer rock star.

The other day I posted a cryptic comment about writing a song for Michael Madsen. Well, that didn’t happen. I was writing accompanying music for a poem that he was supposed to read at the event. But he up and got a job.

But that didn’t stop the poetry machine. Instead, the poem was ably read by the lovely and talented Wendie Malick. I also wish I could have been there to see that. Plus I would have liked to meet her. She’s the main reason I watched “Just Shoot Me.” And I would like to have her answer a burning question that’s been bugging me for months…

Why the hell did Disney cancel “Fillmore!”

The best cartoon on television and it got less respect than Lindsay Lohan at the Nobel Prize Awards. Wendie was the voice of Principal Folsom. Seriously, if you get a chance to catch the show, and you like cartoons and cop dramas, watch it.

Congrats, Heal the Bay, on 20 years of cleaning up the coast. You have excellent taste in music.

And congrats Kevin for writing a great show. You have excellent taste in desperate friends.


Fun Fact: The latest TAM Cartoon is up! Rock on!

No comments: