Tuesday, June 21, 2005

La Mort au Soleil

It’s the Summer Solstice. And I couldn’t be happier. It means that they days are going to start getting shorter again.

I don’t know about you, but I hate the fact that the stupid sun doesn’t go down until 8:00 at night. I like my evenings long and dark. Like my soul.

Plus it’s the official beginning of summer. Which means that we’re one day closer to summer being over. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I don’t enjoy summer as a season, it’s just that I wish it wasn’t so damned hot!

And it gets in the way of autumn. The best season of them all. Someday autumn is going to get fed up as well and kick summer’s ass.

Until that day comes when autumn puts its sweltering interloper in its place, enjoy your summer.

If you can.


Fun Fact: The heat makes you stupid. It draws blood away from the brain in order to cool the skin. It’s a fact.

Which might explain why we always have to remind people – every freaking year – not to leave their stupid kids locked in a 120º car!

Seriously, if you have such little regard for your child’s well-being, why not let your three-year-old practice juggling chainsaws? At least then, if they survive long enough, they’ll have developed a useful skill.


Oh, and the latest TAM Cartoon is up! Sterilizethemoronsational!

No comments: