Friday, August 05, 2005

I’m Too Old for This Sh@

Posting, that is. Yup, far, far too old today. So there will be no post of substance today. I’m sure you’re used to it by now.

I want to thank everyone for their cards, thoughts and gifts on my birthday. You’re all quite swell. I’m enjoying them greatly…the cards, comments, thoughts and gifts. Mostly the gifts. Sure, I enjoy the cards, comments and thoughts as well. They’re super-duper. But it’s hard to keep food warm at parties with greeting cards, blog comments and happy thoughts.

Whereas my brand new chafing dish kicks ass in that capacity!

Seriously, I can’t tell you how long I’ve wanted a chafing dish. I’m not kidding. I’ve really wanted a chafing dish for years now. I just think they’re cool. The stupid thing is that I don’t entertain all that much.

Possibly because I’ve never had a chafing dish before? Who knows? I suppose we’ll see.

For those of you who don’t know what a chafing dish is (and have never watched the immortal film “Hot Shots” starring Charlie Sheen and Cary Elwes…rent it and watch for the thrilling chafing dish scene), it’s a dish used to keep food warm at parties or buffets. Those silver things on stilts with little fires burning underneath them. You fill the under-tray with a layer of water, then put in the food tray above it, fill it with food and cover with a lid. The fire heats the water which in turn heats the food – oh, I’m getting all excited just thinking about it!

I am the proud owner of my very own chafing dish! Maybe I’ll post some pictures of it here later. Maybe I’ll create a special website exclusively for the chafing dish. I could call it “noointment.com.” Tagline it with “This site is supposed to chafe!”

Oooohhh! I’m so there!

And Kathy and David, there’s a special heaven for chafing-dish-givers like you!


Fun Fact: The latest TAM Cartoon is up! ItConfusedTanyatastic!

No comments: