Wednesday, December 01, 2004

If Time Really Is Money, No Wonder I’m Flat Broke

I don’t have any of it. Time. Get it? That’s a play on metaphor. Huh?

Okay, seriously though, I don’t have much time to post today. I have to keep working on the Christmas album. It’s almost Christmas, by the way. I’m running out of time. There’s still one song that needs to be written. It’s getting down to the wire. That’s a figure of speech. Figure of speech that relies on metaphor. Metaphor is everywhere. Metaphor is like an omniscient god, spreading gentle wisdom through divine mutual understanding.

That’s simile. And irony. Heavy.

Okay, thank you all for your kind words on the passing of my grandfather. That’s very nice of you.

So, to sum up, metaphor is everywhere, I’ve spelled the word “metaphor” wrong every time I’ve typed it in this post (thank you spell-check, someday I’ll pull my head from my rear and spell it right the first time), “simile” is different than metaphor (I did it again, damn it!), “irony” is a horse of another color and you’re all decent people.


Fun Fact: Contrary to popular (around here anyway) spelling habits, the word “metaphor” doesn’t have an “e” on the end of it.

Also, I just spelled metaphor wrong again as I was typing that. There’s something wrong with me.

And, the word “metaphor” makes up 4.2% of this blog post.

No comments: