Friday, December 31, 2004

What are You Doing New Year’s…New Year’s Eve…?

Hi-Ho, Kermit the Frog here wishing you a happy new year.

No, don’t get excited, that wasn’t really Kermit just now. It was a celebrity impersonator. Okay, it was me. But come on, you can’t say that I don’t do one hell of a great type-written Kermit impression.

I’ve got others:

“Well excuuuuuse me!” – that’s Steve Martin. I pulled it from the vaults. An oldie but goodie.

“I’m not a crook.” – a classic.

“I’m a cracked out whore with no talent or personality” – this one is my most useful impression. It’s my Lohan, Spears, Aguilera, Hilton.

Anyway, I’m not here to impress you with impressions. I’m here to post the latest TAM Cartoon. The “brand new” TAM Cartoon.

See, just because I’m taking a vacation here, doesn’t mean that I can’t follow through with my responsibilities. You should really try to be more like me. But, you already know that, don’t you?


Fun Fact: New Year’s was first celebrated by the Babylonians around 2000 BC. But it wasn’t until the Roman senate (and particularly Julius Caesar) that New Year’s was set at January 1st. The wacky Babylonians celebrated New Year’s around March 23rd. Go figure. They actually had it at the changing of the seasons?! Spring?! The season of rebirth? Is that really an appropriate time to set the New Year?

Stupid Babylonians.

The Catholics considered New Year’s to be a pagan celebration. Obviously. Anyway, in true Catholic fashion, they usurped the pagan holiday for themselves.

Now, I didn’t know about this. Evidently, the Catholic holiday never fully caught on. But I think that this year, I’m going to celebrate it.

The Feast of Christ's Circumcision.

How could that not catch on?! It needs a renaissance. Foreskin and Figgie Pudding.

Yum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would not write their particular advertising using a crayon upon an aged stickers by the roll
bit of cardboard. The star then decided to show the stickers by the roll that
are quick and easy to display. For the blue bead,
I overlooked the fact that the risk also increases if
a woman smokes, has extra weight, clogged arteries, a family
history book that willbring joy to future generations as well.


Here is my homepage stickers the deer

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Waste disposal Liverpool
Waste disposal Liverpool

Unknown said...

this contact formhis comment is here imp sourcespecial info useful referenceclick here to find out more