Friday, July 29, 2005

Passé

I wasn’t going to post today. It’s Kevin’s birthday and I’m being a good friend and taking him to breakfast. Oh, what a good friend I am.

But I was compelled to write something after watching this story on the news. Evidently parents are running for the hills in terror. Their kids are playing a new, most dangerous game, certain to hold the entire world hostage in an iron grip of panic.

The kids are making themselves pass out.

Excuse me? NEW?! Since when is this new? I’m just embarrassed that it’s still going on. My friends and I used to do this when we were kids. In fact, I personally, introduced this “game” to a bunch of new friends when I changed schools in high school.

I’m not proud of that. But in my defense, I introduced it under the pretext that it’s a dangerous thing to do and I wouldn’t recommend partaking in it…but it is kinda’ fun.

It was the “kinda’ fun” part that my friends wanted to hear.

Hey, I’m sure heroin is “kinda’ fun…”

I eventually gave up on making myself and friends pass out. It’s creepy. It’s dangerous. It’s stupid.

But some of my friends kept the tradition alive.

In fact, if you ask real nice, I’ll bet that "Hello Ninja" will tell you about the dangers of making friends pass out during high school class while standing over a cement floor.

And I think kids are idiots now?

** However, as a post script to this story, the kids are using belts and ropes to do it now. Completely unnecessary and incredibly stupid. Even more stupid than making people pass out the way we used to do it (hyperventilate and then apply mild pressure to the arteries in the neck without obstructing breathing). They’re actually cutting off their oxygen supply…and they’re dying.

I guess kids really are idiots now.


Fun Fact: The latest TAM Cartoon is up! Givearatsasstastic!


And Happy Birthday Kevin!

No comments: