Monday, August 02, 2004

Hello Los Angeles! Are you ready to ROCK?!

Well, it was fruitful weekend for me. My birthday is coming up way too soon, and Tanya got me the coolest present ever.


There it is, my new electric guitar! A shining deep red beacon in a world of beige! Rock on! It wasn’t the most expensive guitar in the world. Sure, it’s a Fender Stratocaster. But it’s a Fender Stratocaster Squire. For those of you who don’t know much about guitars, “Squire” is Olde English for “Hecho en Mexico.” I think it can also mean, “poser.”

But I don’t give a rat’s behind, because it’s MINE! And it’s not like it’s not a fine guitar. Nice and versatile, so that I can make the Christmas album this year even better.

Besides, it’s much better than the electric guitar that I was using. I’ve been borrowing it from my sister for the last three and a half years. My sister’s guitar is groovy and all, but it’s nice to have a guitar where the pickups don’t hit the strings when I tip it forward.

Oh, and the constant buzzing was getting on my nerves too.

No problems now! Now I’m looking for a kick ass amp (for under $150). Because, as you can see from the picture above including the presence of my first-ever stuffed animal, named “Dog,” I like to ROCK HARD!

My sister’s guitar also came with an amp. Like the guitar, it likes to buzz incessantly. But that’s only when there’s actual sound coming out of it. It’s a Gorilla amp. The amp’s overall quality leads me to believe that the name was misspelled. But Central American sweatshop kids can’t be expected to be able to spell Guerilla, right. But you got to love an amp with an agenda. Even if that agenda is to be the worst amp ever produced by man (or child).

So, to sum up – yeah me! Thank you Tanya.

Oh, and be sure to keep your ears on the radio. Not for me. But if you hear something cool, let me know.

For those of you in the Southern California area, I recommend 1260 am, K-Surf, or 88.1 K-Jazz. Nothing inspires pure Rock and Roll like great Jazz and nice and cheesy 40s pop!


Fun Fact: I can’t think of anything for the next TAM cartoon! And I have to draw it this morning!

If anybody reads this and has any suggestions, give ‘em to me. I’m desperate. So, if you can get the suggestion in before I start drawing (in about an hour or so), and if it’s a good one, I’ll use it.

Who says this site isn’t interactive?!

Well, no one actually.


No comments: