Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Hello From the Great Pacific Northwest

Hope y'all had a nice weekend. This is not going to be a long post because I have to go and fix eggs for Tanya and my Mother.

Why does Spokane turn me into a hick?

I'm joking. For all of you people who get to this blog from the Spokesman Review Blogging in the Pacific Northwest page, I'm joking!

Spokane's a beautiful town. Riverfront Park is nice. Manito Park is nice. River Park Square has become an actual shopping center instead of just an excuse to walk across the many downtown skywalks.

The valley sucks though. A lot like L.A.


Fun Fact: Many fabulous films have been set in Spokane. Okay, two that I can think of, "Vision Quest," (you may not remember this one, it's about a high school wrestler who becomes anemic) and "Benny and Joon" (you may remember this one a little more, it's a comedy about an eccentric man that looks like Johnny Depp who takes sexual advantage of a mentally disabled girl who resembles Mary Stuart Masterson).

Oh, and the new TAM cartoon is up!

No comments: