Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Toonie/Living With Dogs and Cats

It's Tuesday, and the new TAM cartoon is up!

Fun Fact: Taking care of pets is a difficult job. I don't know why anyone would want them (aside from the fact that they’re really cute and all). In this day and age, what with the world's dependence on anti-bacterial soaps, hand lotions, floor cleaners, cheeseburgers…and with humanity’s growing susceptibility to allergens and such, what could possibly make people want to keep these lovable mucus-factories in their home?

Perhaps we have the cleaners to counteract the effects of the filthy animals that we let roam our homes?

Has society really advanced much? Sure we can fly into space. Sure, we don’t poop in buckets anymore. And maybe we don’t have floors that are made of dirt. But we still let livestock roam free in our bedrooms.

I think that no one who owns a pet should ever be afraid of a little bacterium.

(The same goes for babies.)

”You touched my fois-gras! Take it back to the kitchen and get me another…this time without your filthy germs! Oh, and the Chihuahua that lives in my purse will have the same.”

I never used to have allergies. Now I’m old. Now I have allergies.

Feeding these pets here at the housesitting house is probably the closest I’ll ever come to a disease like alcoholism. I feel miserable most of the day, I wake up every morning with a headache, but, damnit, I’ve got to feed the beast.

Although, I’m not sure if alcoholics would sit and watch TV for three hours with a bottle of whisky sitting on their lap?

Maybe they would.

P.S. I really do like the animals here at the house. Don’t think that I don’t.

Max the dog and Meow-Meow say “hi.”

No comments: