Monday, March 29, 2004

Hollywood, Here I Come!

I could be there in like 10 minutes, I live real close.

I attended a screening on Saturday for the short that I was in about 6 months ago. I have to say, look out Tinsel Town!

Here’s a synopsis (in 450 characters or less, including spaces):

As Planned

Jamie (Hilary Kerrigan) had her life all worked out, the wedding, the house, the savings accounts for the future kids, and the most perfect fiancĂ© (TAM). But when her future husband dumps her before the wedding, her dreams begin to fade. That is, until she meets a handsome stranger with car trouble (Cory Assink) and learns that sometimes life doesn’t turn out -- as planned, in this short drama by award winning director Adam Hodge.



I could be the next big thing, you know. If only the jaded powers that be would just overlook my bad acting and the extra thirty pounds. Shallow jerks.

But, really, Halle Berry was right when, after winning the Oscar, she talked about “opening doors” in Hollywood. If she can be considered a serious actor, anybody can.

You might think that I’m being a little harsh on ol’ Halle. If you think that then you obviously haven’t seen Gothica. When ESL Penelope Cruz and crack head Robert Downey Jr. are acting circles around you, perhaps it’s time to reconsider those classes.

But maybe her ex’s sex addiction is finally taking its toll? Really though, I still think the best thing she’s ever done was The Flintstones. She was hot in that. Nothing more.


Other News:

This weekend I had a yard sale, watched three movies, went to a screening, went to a party, played basketball, bought some new cartooning supplies (with the money earned from the yard sale), turned in my first batch of synopses, and generally hung around the house sweating profusely.

You would think that I would have more to write about.

I don’t. (but be grateful that I didn’t go into more detail about the sweating)


Fun Fact: Here is one way to stop perspiration from being an embarrassing problem (from Lifetimetv.com): Cut out caffeine and other stimulants. The caffeine in colas, tea and coffee over stimulates the nervous system and boosts sweating.

What I want to know is, do the 10 cans of Diet Pepsi that I drink in a day count? Is nicotine in the family of “other stimulants?” And why are my teeth so yellow and soft?

No comments: